Terms and Conditions of Use
USE OF THE ITW WEBSITE
You agree to use the ITW Construction Products Website only for lawful purposes:
- Specifically you agree not to do any of the following:
- upload to or transmit on the ITW Website any defamatory, indecent, obscene, harassing, violent or otherwise objectionable material, or any material that is, or may be, protected by copyright, without permission from the copyright owner;
- use the ITW Website to violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or to violate the laws of any jurisdiction;
- intercept or attempt to intercept electronic mail not intended for you;
- misrepresent an affiliation with any person or organization;
- upload to or transmit on the ITW Website any advertisements or solicitations of business;
- restrict or inhibit use of the ITW Website by others;
- upload or otherwise transmit files that contain a virus or corrupted data;
- collect information about others
(including e-mail addresses) without their consent;
- download a file or software or include in a message any software, files or links that you know, or have reason to believe, cannot be distributed legally over the ITW Website or that you have a contractual obligation to keep confidential (notwithstanding its availability on the ITW Website);
- post “spam,” transmit chain letters or engage in other similar activities; or (11) engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the ITW Website, or which, as determined by ITW, may harm ITW or users of the ITW Website or expose them to liability.
- Any content and/or opinions uploaded, expressed or submitted to a message board, chatroom or any other publicly available section of the ITW Website (including password-protected areas), and all articles and responses to questions, other than the content provided by ITW, are solely the opinions and responsibility of the person or entity submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ITW. You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever content you submit, and you, not ITW, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability and appropriateness. By uploading or otherwise transmitting material to any area of the ITW Website, you warrant that the material is your own or is in the public domain or otherwise free of proprietary or other restrictions and that you have the right to post it to the ITW Website. You grant to ITW the right to use all content you upload or otherwise transmit to the ITW Website in any manner ITW chooses, including, but not limited, to copying, displaying, performing or publishing it in any format whatsoever, modifying it, incorporating it into other material or making a derivative work based on it.
- ITW reserves the right, but does not assume any responsibility, to
- remove any material posted on the ITW Website which ITW, in its sole discretion, deems inconsistent with the foregoing commitments, including any material ITW has been notified, or has reason to believe, constitutes a copyright infringement; and
- terminate any user’s access to all or part of the ITW Website. However, ITW can neither review all material before it is posted on the ITW Website nor ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, ITW assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by third parties. ITW reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of users of this Website and the public; however, ITW has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this paragraph.
- Your failure to comply with the provisions of (a) or (b) above may result in the termination of your access to the ITW Website and may expose you to civil and/or criminal liability.
COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS/USE OF CONTENT
The entire contents of this Website (including all information, software, text, displays, images and audio) and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, are proprietary to ITW or its licensors and are protected by Canada and international laws regarding copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other proprietary rights. You are authorized only to use the content on the ITW Website for personal use or legitimate business purposes related to your role as a current or prospective shareholder, customer, supplier or distributor of ITW. You may not copy, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display or perform, republish, store, transmit or distribute any of the material on this Website without the prior written consent of ITW, except to: (a) store copies of such materials temporarily in RAM, (b) store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes, and (c) print a reasonable number of pages of the ITW Website; provided in each case that you do not alter or remove any copyright or other proprietary notices included in such materials. Neither the title nor any intellectual property rights to any information or material in this Website are transferred to you, but remain with ITW or the applicable owner of such content. Except as expressly authorized by ITW in writing, you may not reproduce, sell or exploit for any commercial purposes (i) any part of this Website, (ii) access to this Website, or (iii) use of this Website or of any services or materials available through this Website.
The term “ITW” is a trademark and the ITW logo and all related product and service names, designs and slogans are ITW trademarks. You may not use such marks without ITW’s prior written permission. All other names, brands and marks are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
DEALINGS WITH MERCHANTS
If you choose to correspond, participate in a promotion or engage in transactions with any merchant found on or through this Website, you acknowledge and agree that ITW is not a party to, and will not be responsible for, your interaction with such merchant, including its treatment of your information and the terms and conditions applicable to any transaction between you and the merchant. The terms of your interaction with any merchant are solely between you and such merchant. You agree that ITW will have no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of any kind that you may suffer as the result of any such interaction or the presence of such merchants on this Website.
LIABILITY OF ITW AND ITS LICENSORS
ITW does not assume any liability for the materials, information and opinions provided on, or available through, the ITW Website (the “Site Content“). Reliance on the Site Content is solely at your own risk. ITW disclaims any liability for injury or damages resulting from the use of any Site Content.
THE ITW WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. NEITHER ITW NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH ITW MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE ITW WEBSITE. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER ITW NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH ITW WARRANTS OR REPRESENTS THAT THE ITW WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT OR THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; THAT THE ITW WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR THAT THE ITW WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. ITW DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL ITW OR ITS LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE ITW WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT, ANY SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED SITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, VIRUSES, DELETION OF FILES OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, OR ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE ITW WEBSITE OR THE SITE CONTENT, WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS NEGLIGENCE BY ITW AND WHETHER OR NOT ITW HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
SUBMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE
This Website is operated by ITW Construction Products in Canada and any personal information submitted through the Website will result in the collection and processing of such information in Canada. As a result, if you are visiting the Website from a country other than Canada, your personal information will cross an international boundary. The level of protection for your personal information in Canada may not be the same as the level of protection in your country.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION; LEGALLY-REQUIRED DISCLOSURES
COMMENTS AND SUBMISSIONS
ITW welcomes your comments. To the extent permitted under applicable law, all comments, suggestions or other information sent by you to this Website will become ITW’s property and you agree that all intellectual property rights therein are transferred to ITW. You understand that any postings to publicly available portions of the ITW Website are non-confidential for all purposes.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The ITW Website may contain links to other websites on the Internet. ITW is not responsible for and does not endorse the content, products or services of any third-party Websites, including, without limitation, sites framed within the ITW Website or third-party advertisements, and ITW does not make any representations regarding their quality, content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
US GOVERNMENT USERS
Use, duplication, or disclosure by the United States Government is subject to the restrictions set forth in DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii) and FAR 52.227-19 and any other successor regulations that may be applicable.
The owner of this Website is based in the Province of Ontario, CANADA. ITW makes no representation that materials in this Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you access this Website from other locations, you are responsible for complying with local laws.